We maintain city roads, trails and sidewalks through the rehabilitation of new building projects. This page will provide you with more information on reporting potholes and current construction projects.
If your vehicle was damaged from a pothole on a city street, visit our insurance claim page to learn more about making a claim.
2023 Construction and parks projects
Learn more about the projects happening this construction season.
Construction will be completed towards the end of summer 2023 on the Carrying Place Industrial Park storm pond and road extension. Excess soil is being used to build additional commercial/industrial lands.
Construction will be completed towards the end of summer 2023 on the Huff Avenue Industrial Park. Excess soil is being used to build additional commercial/industrial lands.
The following roads are scheduled for asphalt paving in the summer and fall of 2023:
- DJ MacDonald Bridge approaches (Front Street to Marmora Street)
- Harcourt Road (Hillcrest Drive to Hartsmere Road)
- Herman Street (George Street to Dundas Street)
- Foxboro-Stirling Road (Eggleton Road to Rodgers Drive)
- Foxboro-Stirling Road (Eggleton Road to Oak Lake Road)
- Francis Street (Sidney Street to Marmora Street)
- Frankford-Stirling Road (Sager’s Corners to municipal border)
- King Drive (Concession Road to Adelaide Road)
- Queen Street (William Street to Morgan Street)
- Somerset Street (Sidney Street to Byron Street)
- South Street (Dundas Street East to Bay Street)
- South Street (Dundas Street Eat to Heber Street)
- Telephone Road (Tate Road to Fraser Road)
- YMCA parking lot entrance
Construction spring to summer 2023
The Wooler Road CNR/CPR Overpass is located in Murray ward within the City of Quinte West. The bridge crosses over both the Canadian National Railway (CNR) and the Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) at approximately 2.3 km south of Highway 401 and 950 m north of Highway 2.
It was recently determined that the bridge requires rehabilitation and/or replacement.
The City of Quinte West is undertaking an environmental assessment study to identify and evaluate solutions to address the aging infrastructure and accommodate future growth.
The City of Quinte West is exploring replacement options for the Hill Road bridge.
Crack sealing is the process of filling individual pavement cracks with an adhesive sealant to prevent entry of water or substances such as sand, dirt, rocks or weeds.
The following roads will undergo crack sealing treatment throughout the summer of 2023:
- Highway 2 (from 282 Dundas St. E to Quinte View Drive)
- Riverside Parkway (from River Drive and Hannah Lane)
- RCAF Road (from Dundas Street East to Westwin Avenue)
- Front Street (from Dundas Street East to Dixon Drive)
- Dundas Street West (to Queen Street to Tripp Boulevard)
- Telephone Road (from Byrne Avenue to Stockdale Road)
- Hamilton Road (from Whites Road to 414 Hamilton Rd.)
- Hamilton Road (from 414 Hamilton Rd. to 16 Hamilton Rd.)
Line painting will occur on roads throughout Quinte West in the summer of 2023.
Line painting on roads is an important highway safety feature that provides guidance to drivers and pedestrians. It includes lane lines, edge lines, centre lines and crosswalks.
Line painting is a moving operation. Flashing lights and signs are mounted on the back of equipment to warn motorists that line painting is being done.
Line painting tips for motorists
- Slow down – line painting vehicles travel slowly so please slow down, stay alert and be patient when warned of work ahead
- Keep back – stay at least 8 to 10 car lengths behind line painting equipment to avoid running over wet paint
- Don’t pass – never pass a paint truck unless instructed to do so by a police officer; the paint truck will pull over to allow cars to pass when conditions are safe to do so
The City of Quinte West has many roads that have a ‘tar and chip’ surface treatment. This surface treatment method is also known as ‘chip seal.’ It is used on rural roads with low to medium volumes of traffic as a more cost-effective and durable alternative to asphalt paving. Tar and chip roads get resurfaced approximately every 7-10 years.
Learn more about the rural surface treatment process here.
The following roads are scheduled to receive surface treatment in the summer of 2023:
- McMaster Road (from English Settlement Road to Powerline Road)
- Powerline Road (from Stoney Point Road to Bigford Road)
- Settlement Road (from Paul Street to County Road 40)
- Teal Road (from Jarvis Road to County Road 40)
- Germans Landing Road
- Crowe Road (from Hearns Road to Deer Run Road)
- Maybee Road (from Thompson Road to Stockdale Road)
- Aikins Road (from CN railroad tracks to CP tracks)
- Rose Road (from Harrington Road to Frankford Road)
- Wickens Road (from Mapleview Road to Zion Road)
Water and/or sewer replacements
Construction: summer to fall 2023
Construction: summer to fall 2023
Watermain installation will occur in the following two locations:
- Heber Street from Byron Street to Scott Street
- March Street from Centre Street to South Trent Street
This work will close sections of Heber Street and March Street until November 2023.
Construction to install watermains in northwest Trenton will began on Monday, July 10, 2023.
Construction will take place on the following roads:
Dundas Street West from Walmart to Country Road 40 (Wooler Road).
County Road 40 (Wooler Road) from the intersection of Dundas Street West to Murray Centennial Public School.
Tate Road, starting at the intersection with Telephone Road and south for 400 metres.
The construction areas are shown on the images below.
Dundas Street West and County Road 40 (Wooler Road):
Vehicular and pedestrian traffic will be maintained during construction. Expect traffic delays in the area.
Construction is expected to last through fall 2023.
The installation of these watermains is part of the City’s Northwest Trenton Water Capacity project and will help support the water demands of future expansion in northwest Trenton.
Updates will be provided as the project progresses.
The list and status of construction projects scheduled for 2023 may change without notice.