The City of Quinte West Official Plan is a key planning document that details the general principles and policies intended to guide and control future land use development and redevelopment while safeguarding significant natural features, prime agricultural areas and rural areas.
The Official Plan
- It makes the public aware of the municipality’s general land use planning policies.
- Makes sure that the growth is coordinated and meets your community’s needs.
- It helps all members of your community understand how their land may be used now and in the future.
- Helps decide where roads, water mains, sewers, garbage dumps, parks and other services will be built.
- Provides a framework for establishing municipal zoning bylaws to set local regulations and standards, like the size of lots and height of buildings.
- Provides a way to evaluate and settle conflicting land uses while meeting local, regional and provincial interests.
- Shows the council’s commitment to the future growth of your community.
The City of Quinte West Official Plan (2013) as adopted by by-law 11-122 passed by council on Aug. 15, 2011, and subsequently approved with modifications by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing on Jan. 9, 2013, is the first citywide Official Plan. It provides policy direction and a land use planning framework to guide the overall physical, social, environmental management and growth of the City, white meeting the residents’ needs and wants.
The Official Plan is regulated by the Planning Act (Section 17). It identifies the planned municipal structure and provides the framework for municipal regulations, including:
Accessing the plan
The Official Plan is a long and detailed document. It can be downloaded in individual PDF sections below, or an all-in-one consolidated version (PDF) is also available.
Download the full all-in-one consolidated version (PDF) of the Quinte West Official Plan, 2013 (text only)
- Schedule A – Land use
- Schedule B1 – Trenton urban service area
- Schedule B2 – Frankford urban service area
- Schedule B3 – Batawa urban service area
- Schedule B4 – Weller’s Bay planning area
- Schedule B5 – South Sidney planning area
- Schedule C – Site-specific and area specific policy areas
- Schedule D – Natural heritage and natural hazards
- Schedule E – Constraints
- Schedule F – Transportation
*Content you access below is not necessarily an exact and/or current reproduction of the official documents. The City of Quinte West does not warrant these electronic versions’ accuracy and accepts no responsibility for any damages suffered by a person due to decisions made or actions based on information accessed via this website.
*An official version of the City of Quinte West Official Plan and related schedules can be obtained from the Planning & Development Services Department located in the Municipal Offices at 7 Creswell Drive, Trenton. All documents are produced on an “as-requested” basis. Please contact the department at email@example.com or call 613-392-2841, ext. 4907 to confirm your document and the related fee before attending city hall pick-up.
Official Plan review
We’re reviewing our Official Plan to ensure it reflects the needs of our community.