The City of Quinte West uses social media as a tool to connect people with municipal services. Our accounts are monitored during business hours.
The City of Quinte West is considered a progressive municipality in its use of new technology and communication tools. A social media policy has been developed to allow staff to handle issues quickly and efficiently on all social media platforms owned or connected to the City. Learn more about this policy.
Terms of reference
Quinte West uses terms of reference to dictate how we moderate our social media. To make sure our social media pages are appropriate and respectful, we closely monitor comments for profanity, offensive language, false information, span and other reason listed in our terms of reference. We try and delete as few comments as possible to keep conversations engaging and transparent.
If you find that one of your comments has been deleted, it may have violated our terms of reference.
- Comments not topically related to our site or material being commented on.
- Comments that are offensive to an individual or organization, profane, hateful, insulting, rude, abusive, aggressive or violent
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, age, creed, gender, marital status, socio-economic status, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation.
- Sexual content or links to sexual content.
- Messages for advertising/marketing purposes.
- Messages that contain spam.
- Messages that conduct or encourage illegal activity.
- Messages that invade personal privacy.
- Messages that contain profanity.
- Information that could compromise public safety or security, or operations.
- Content that violates the legal ownership interest of any other party.
- Unintelligible or irrelevant messages.
- Messages that impersonate or misrepresent someone else, including public figures or City officials.
- Messages that we feel will not add to the normal flow of conversation, dialogue or debate.
The City of Quinte West is not responsible for any use of material posted by users. We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time.