Follow us on social media!
Quinte West has a number of social media accounts to keep residents informed on the latest news and events in the City.
The City’s official social media accounts are monitored intermittently during business hours from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Time-sensitive requests should be referred to the City’s Customer Service team by phone at 613-392-2841, during business hours.
Online communications and social media posts, replies and direct messages are not considered official correspondence. At the discretion of the City, communication may be redirected to phone or email channels.
Official City of Quinte West accounts
X (formerly Twitter): @quintewest
LinkedIn: City of Quinte West
YouTube: City of Quinte West
Other City accounts
Social media standards
The City of Quinte West is committed to communicating and engaging with community members in a variety of ways. The City’s social media policy supports the use of online communications to reach, inform and enhance two-way digital communications with the community. The policy establishes guidelines and standards for acceptable use of and engagement with the City’s online communications, including social media, by City staff and online community members, that promote open, inclusive and respectful communications in accordance with City policies and procedures.
Terms of reference
Quinte West uses terms of reference to dictate how we moderate our social media to ensure our social media pages remain respectful and inclusive. If you find that one of your comments has been deleted, it may have violated our terms of reference.
The City of Quinte West uses social media as a tool to connect people with municipal services. Our accounts are monitored during business hours.
The City of Quinte West is considered a progressive municipality in its use of new technology and communication tools. A social media policy has been developed to allow staff to handle issues quickly and efficiently on all social media platforms owned or connected to the City. Learn more about this policy.
- Comments not topically related to our site or material being commented on.
- Comments that are offensive to an individual or organization, profane, hateful, insulting, rude, abusive, aggressive or violent
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, age, creed, gender, marital status, socio-economic status, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation.
- Sexual content or links to sexual content.
- Messages for advertising/marketing purposes.
- Messages that contain spam.
- Messages that conduct or encourage illegal activity.
- Messages that invade personal privacy.
- Messages that contain profanity.
- Information that could compromise public safety or security, or operations.
- Content that violates the legal ownership interest of any other party.
- Unintelligible or irrelevant messages.
- Messages that impersonate or misrepresent someone else, including public figures or City officials.
- Messages that we feel will not add to the normal flow of conversation, dialogue or debate.
The City of Quinte West is not responsible for any use of material posted by users. We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time.