Fire ban status

Fire bans can be put in place at any time. 

 If you have questions or concerns, contact or call 613-392-6557.

If there is an emergency, please dial 9-1-1. 

Fire Areas have been established and recognized in specific wards within the City of Quinte West, where permits may approve open-air burning under certain conditions. Open-air burning cannot create hazardous situations or undue environmental risks. 

If you have questions regarding open-air burning; if you wish to obtain authorization to conduct open-air burning; if you want to confirm which open-air burning zone your property is located in; or if you have a concern about open-air burning that is being conducted in contravention of this policy, please contact the fire department at 613-392-6557. Apply for a burn permit online here. 

You can have an open-air fire to burn brush or burn it in an incinerator or pit. Follow the guidelines in the by-law.

Approved brush pile fires must be less than 10 feet x 10 feet. Always make sure there is at least 20 feet between the fire and any building, wooded area or neighbouring property. Never burn brush if conditions are dry or there are high winds. You can also take brush to our waste disposal sites. 

You should never burn garbage, as it can emit harmful contaminants in the air.

You do not need a permit for a family fireworks display, but note fireworks displays are subject to a bylaw. The city encourages you to always follow instructions when lighting fireworks. 

Last Updated: 1 year ago

What Are You Looking For?

You can use the smart search field below to find anything on the site from pages, events, documents and more. Simply start typing and the search will suggest possible results for you.