Site plan control is a development approval process that establishes design and technical aspects and helps ensure developments are constructed in a way that is aligned with the city’s responsibility to provide services, plan for public safety and guide our community towards growth and prosperity. Site plan approval is regulated by section 41 of the Ontario Planning Act. Council for the City of Quinte West has designed the entire city as a “site plan control area.”
The responsibility for site plan approvals within the City of Quinte West as delegated by city council, through the site plan control bylaw, to a committee of staff comprised of staff composed of the director of planning and development, director of public works, fire chief and chief building official or their respective designates.
Site plan approval is an essential component of the development review process. It is intended to implement the objectives of the Official Plan and reduce negative impacts on adjacent land uses. If you have a development project, you must become familiar with the site planning process and contact the city early to coordinate the review process and avoid delays.
Site plan applications are generally reviewed for the following considerations:
- Conformity to the zoning bylaw.
- Conformity to municipal and provincial guidelines.
- Accessibility standards.
- Environmental conservation.
- Engineering design criteria and standards, including grading and servicing, landscaping and transportation planning standards.
- Table of Contents
- Section 1.0 – Development process and approvals
- Section 2.0 – Design and report standards
- Section 3.0 – Construction and inspection general policies
- Section 4.0 – Transportation
- Section 5.0 – Lot Grading
- Section 6.0 – Utility and easement guidelines
- Section 7.0 – Storm flow management
- Section 8.0 – Stormwater management
- Section 9.0 – Sanitary sewer system
- Section 10.0 – Water distribution system
- Section 11.0 – Civic numbering and street naming
- Section 12.0 – Street lighting system
- Pre-consultation with planning staff before submitting your site plan control application is recommended.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment to present the details of your proposal. The application may be returned if incomplete or if no pre-consultation has occurred. Pre-consultation will allow planning staff to review the proposal and provide information about further design aspects that may be required.
- Complete a site plan control application.
- For additional information or to apply, call 613-392-2841, ext. 4907 or email email@example.com.
See below for current City of Quinte West application fees. All fees must accompany applications at the time they are submitted. Planning applications that are deemed to be fully complete will be scheduled for the next available meeting within the timelines set out in the Ontario Planning Act. Dates are subject o change.
Application with Registered Agreement
Application with Agreement (Not registered, as determined by Staff)
Application to Amend Existing Site Plan Control Agreement
Site plan control committee meetings are held monthly on the first Thursday of each month at 2 p.m. Special committee meetings are held at the call of the Chair as required.