Reporting a watermain break:
Watermain breaks are caused by extreme weather, freeze/thaw cycles and old age. Signs of a problem include water pooling or flowing above ground or reduced water pressure in your home.
If you suspect a break, contact us immediately at 613-392-2841. ext. 4912. Follow prompts for after-hours calls to be directed to our emergency monitoring company.
Locating a water valve on your property:
Every property has a water valve access point (also known as a shut-off valve). It is usually found in a front yard or driveway. The valve is the only way to turn off the water supply for maintenance or valve replacement. To locate a water valve on your property, contact Ontario One Call at 1-800-400-2255.
Tips for valves on driveways:
Before you do substantial work replacing or renovating your driveway, two weeks before starting work:
- Contact Ontario One Call at 1-800-400-2255 to locate utilities. The City will be dispatched to conduct city-owned utility locates.
- If the infrastructure impacts your work, it will be marked by paint, flags or stakes.
- Ensure your contractor doesn’t pave or cover over the valve when doing work
- You will be notified by email when your location is complete.
- Before starting a large scale project, ensure you have all your permits – check with our building department