Watermains + valves

Report a water main break and learn where the water valve is located on your property.

Reporting a watermain break:

Watermain breaks are caused by extreme weather, freeze/thaw cycles and old age. Signs of a problem include water pooling or flowing above ground or reduced water pressure in your home. 

If you suspect a break, contact us immediately at 613-392-2841. ext. 4912. Follow prompts for after-hours calls to be directed to our emergency monitoring company.

Locating a water valve on your property:

Every property has a water valve access point (also known as a shut-off valve). It is usually found in a front yard or driveway. The valve is the only way to turn off the water supply for maintenance or valve replacement.  To locate a water valve on your property, contact Ontario One Call at 1-800-400-2255

*Note: If your valve is missing a cover, appears damaged or is a trip hazard, please contact us at publicworks@quintewest.ca or by calling 613-392-2841.

Tips for valves on driveways:

Before you do substantial work replacing or renovating your driveway, two weeks before starting work:

  • Contact Ontario One Call at 1-800-400-2255 to locate utilities. The City will be dispatched to conduct city-owned utility locates.
  • If the infrastructure impacts your work, it will be marked by paint, flags or stakes.
  • Ensure your contractor doesn’t pave or cover over the valve when doing work
  • You will be notified by email when your location is complete.
  • Before starting a large scale project, ensure you have all your permits – check with our building department

Last Updated: 3 years ago

What Are You Looking For?

You can use the smart search field below to find anything on the site from pages, events, documents and more. Simply start typing and the search will suggest possible results for you.