Curbside collection rules
- All items should be placed at the curb by 7 a.m. on your collection day.
- A garbage bag tag must be placed on each garbage bag put out to the curbside for garbage pickup. The maximum number of bags per week is four, and each bag must not weigh over 40 lbs.
- Garbage cans or containers:
- Should be reusable galvanized metal or plastic,
- No more than 17 gallons (77 litres) or 40 pounds in weight.
- Have carrying handles and a secure, watertight lid.
- The top of every garbage bag must display a current bag tag visible to the collector when they remove the lid. The bag tag should be looped around the bag’s neck and have it meet at the end, producing a little flag. The City of Quinte West name should be displayed on one side and the bag tag number on the other side. Do not wrap the bag tag around the top of the bag numerous times or place it as a long strip down the side of the bag; during the winter, the tags can easily fall off due to the cold temperatures.
- Construction/demolition materials, including drywall, concrete, wood scraps and sawdust, are not accepted in curbside garbage collection.
- Sort your recycling with Quinte Waste Solutions sorting guide.
- Large and bulky items cannot be included in the regular curbside pick-up.
- Place all receptacles at a reasonable distance to the curb. Avoid blocking sidewalks for pedestrians or creating potential driving hazards. Avoid blocking mailboxes.
- Do your part to prevent littering by not placing your waste out in heavy winds and pick up any litter that blows away or is knocked over.
|Murray Ward – South of 401||Wednesday|
|Murray Ward – North of 401||Thursday|
Garbage collection in Quinte West takes place weekly in every ward.
Each bag of garbage requires a garbage bag tag. Learn more or purchase a garbage bag tag.
Medical condition waste exemption
Residents with a medical condition can apply for an exemption to the curbside waste collection garbage bag limit/fee. To be eligible, applicants must provide proof of living in Quinte West and have a medical condition verified by a medical professional. Approved applicants will receive 52 medical waste disposal tags per year (January to December, one extra bag per week). They will be prorated at the time the application is submitted. To renew, an application must be completed every year by Dec. 15 for the following year.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-392-2841 ext. 4912.
Blue box recycling
Quinte Waste Solutions is the Centre and South Hastings Waste Services Board’s operating name, which oversees the blue box recycling service for the City of Quinte West. Visit Quinte Waste Solutions for more information on the blue box recycling program. Please set your items to the curb on your scheduled collection day.