Situated on a stretch of parkland along the Trent River in downtown Frankford, this Park is the centre for regional and special events. The park has a sandy beach area and playground, a covered picnic pavilion, and seasonal overnight camping facilities.
Park location, hours and directions
Frankford Tourist Park is open daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. It is located at 2839 Frankford Rd., Frankford.
Free vehicle parking is available throughout the park.
Amenities, attractions and rentals
Situated on a stretch of parkland along the Trent River in downtown Frankford, the Tourist Park is the centre for regional outdoor activities and special events. The park has a sandy beach area and playground covered picnic pavilion, seasonal overnight camping facilities, and accessible washrooms open daily from May 1 to Thanksgiving.
BBQs are not permitted in City’s parks.
Seasonal campside information
General amenities and attractions include:
- Large picnic pavilion
- Playground and swings
- Sandy beach
- Overnight camping
- Basketball court
- Volleyball court
The Frankford Skatepark is located in Frankford Tourist Park and offers ramps, stairs and vertical elements. The park is not lit and closes at dusk.
The Frankford Tourist Park Pavilion is located in Frankford Tourist Park. The outdoor picnic shelter is equipped with an elevated stage with hydro (available upon request) and has washroom facilities nearby. This location is ideal for large company picnics, family reunions or festivals; visit our rental page for more information.
Seasonal campside information
- Seasonal sites are not guaranteed from year-to-year unless a non-refundable deposit of 50% is paid before Thanksgiving weekend annually.
- The maximum number of structures per site consists of one trailer.
- No fireworks, including sparklers, are permitted at any time, including all holidays.
- All maintenance requests must be directed to the City of Quinte West and not the canteen operators.
- Parents must accompany children under the age of 21 who are staying on the premises/site. At no time is a child under the age of 16 left on the premises without parental supervision.
- The seasonal site is intended for occupant use as listed on the seasonal agreement only. At no time is the occupant permitted to sublet or rent out their site to another party.
- Temporary clothes-lines are only for towels and bathing suits are permitted. No laundry may be hung.
- Short walking distance to the splash pad, and there are events in the pavilion.
- Tenting sites will have a maximum of one tent on each campsite and a maximum of six occupants.
- Trailers more than 10 years old must be approved by the City of Quinte West before they will be permitted in the park.
- The City of Quinte West reserves the right to refuse acceptance of trailers that require significant repair or are poorly maintained regardless of age.
- All trailers on seasonal sites must be roadworthy and licensed and carry proper liability insurance. A copy of the insurance must be provided annually.
- The City of Quinte West reserves the right to give written notice to a site occupant should their trailer no longer be deemed suitable to the park.
- Should a site occupant be away for an extended period of time, all trailer bump-outs must be brought in.
- Every seasonal site occupant must keep their site tidy. The City of Quinte West will give written notice to an occupant should their site be deemed unkempt. The occupant must rectify within 10 days, or the City of Quinte West will do so at the occupant’s expense.
- All items must be stored within the occupant’s trailer. Stockpiling of debris under trailers is not permitted.
- Outdoor appliances such as fridges, freezers, washers/dryers, generators are not allowed.
- Skids are not allowed on the property for construction, burning or storage. Any skids found on the property will be removed at the site occupant’s expense.
- Please do not dig or use metal stakes for posts as they can puncture service lines. If the damage is caused to the service lines by digging or using these stakes, the site occupant is liable for repair costs.
- The City of Quinte West will maintain lawn cutting and trimming.
- Site occupants may dispose of regular household garbage produced at their trailer. The disposal of large items or items brought from outside sources is not permitted.
- Only personal vehicles are permitted within the park. Use of off-road vehicles is strictly prohibited at all times.
- Golf carts, both electric and gas-powered, are not allowed within the park.
- No trailers or recreational vehicles are permitted on any seasonal site at any time for storage or use. This includes but is not limited to: utility trailers, dump trailers, pop-up trailers, all-terrain vehicles, construction equipment.
- Maximum two personal watercraft (i.e. seadoos, jetskis) per site and one small fishing boat per site permitted.
- Servicing or washing of vehicles or trailers is not allowed on sites.
- A maximum of one vehicle per seasonal site is allowed and must not be parked on the roadway. One guest vehicle is permitted for each seasonal site, and there will be a $5 per night charge if the guest vehicle stays overnight. Guest vehicles must be parked in either the parking lot at the beach or the canteen parking lot.
Sheds are not permitted on seasonal sites.
No wooden decks or patios will be permitted.
- No other structures are permitted on a seasonal site, including but not limited to: wood cages, playhouses, treehouses, bunkie’s, shelters, tents, hot tubs, laundry facilities, lavatories, outdoor showers, lean-tos, retaining walls, fences.
- Satellite dishes must be affixed to an occupant’s trailer and can be done using a post. They are not permitted to be mounted to any trees. The installation of other posts is not allowed.
- Portable gazebos cannot be larger than 10 feet long by 12 feet wide by 10 feet high and are portable.
- Portable gazebos must be pre-approved by the City of Quinte West in writing before any construction shall commence.
- Each site is permitted to have no more than two propane tanks affixed to their trailer.
- No more than two propane tanks not affixed to the trailer are permitted.
- Propane tanks larger than 40lbs are not allowed.
- No other compressed gases are permitted at any time.
- The following items are allowed: kerosene, citronella, gasoline.
- The maximum amount of gasoline permitted per site is 20L.
- Do not break branches, cut or mar trees for any reason. If you feel branches or trees need pruning, please notify the City of Quinte West.
- Lights and decorations are not permitted to be affixed to trees.
- The use of nails or screws in trees is not allowed.
- Anyone found destroying or damaging trees may lead to seasonal contract termination.
- Use of chainsaws is not permitted.
- All pets must be kept leashed at all times.
- Owners must be able to provide proof of vaccination upon request.
- Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their pets.
- Should a pet become problematic, the site occupant will receive written notice from the City of Quinte West, and the pet and/or site occupant may be required to leave the park.
- Fires must be contained within an approved fire pit and under control at all times. Fires must not be left unattended at any time. No construction materials, palettes, garbage, lumber, etc., may be burned in fire pits.
- Liquid accelerants are strictly prohibited from being used as fire starters.
- In the event of a fire ban, all site occupants are expected to comply with the Fire Chief’s order. Failure to do so could result in fines levied by the issuing authority and/or your eviction from the park.
- Firewood must be purchased from the Frankford Tourist Park Canteen. No outside firewood will be permitted in the park.
- 11 p.m. – 8 a.m. is quiet time. Outside radios, TVs and other entertainment systems must be turned off. Indoor radios, TVs, and other entertainment equipment cannot be heard outside or negatively affect other campers.
- Although 11 p.m. – 8 a.m. is designated as quiet time, it is expected that at all times during the day, occupants will not in any way infringe upon or disturb other campers. This means that radios, TVs and other entertainment systems will be kept to a reasonable volume, and conservation and activity kept at a level not disruptive to others.
- Alcohol is permitted on an occupant’s site. Occupants are not allowed to walk around or through the park with open alcohol.
- An occupant who knowingly supplies or provides access to alcohol by minors will be evicted from the park.
- Occupants are responsible for their guests and their behaviour, whether on an occupant’s site or not. It is expected that occupants will inform their guests of the park’s rules and regulations and act accordingly.
- Guest vehicles must be parked in either the parking lot at the beach or the canteen parking lot. Guest vehicles may not be parked on an occupant’s site.
- Guests must leave the park by 11 p.m. nightly.
- Contents in the holding tanks of trailers can be pumped out for a nominal fee at the owner’s expense. Sewage pump-out arrangements are the responsibility of the owner and not the City of Quinte West.
- Winter storage will not be permitted.
- Seasonal campers must remove their personal belongings (trailer, gazebo, etc.) by the first Sunday after Thanksgiving, or the City of Quinte West will do so at the owner’s expense.
Seasonal rate per site (taxes included)
All fees are due and payable according to the seasonal fee structure.
Acceptable forms of payment are credit cards, cash and debt. Cheques are not accepted.
Payment methods and collection:
For questions about your account, call us Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 613-392-2841. You can email us at any time at email@example.com.
Visit the revenue services counter at city hall during business hours. Cash, debit and credit cards are accepted.
To help ensure the safety and pleasure of all park users, the City of Quinte West request that you abide by the following rules and regulations:
- All posted signs must be obeyed.
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited except for designated areas.
- Possession or use of alcohol is strictly prohibited unless authorized by the City.
- Vandalism to City property will not be tolerated.
- Metal detecting not permitted.
- Animals or pets must be controlled.
- A poop-and-scoop policy is enforced.
- Hitting golf balls is prohibited.
- No littering or dumping of garbage
- As per Provincial Legislation, smoking is prohibited within 20 metres surrounding playground equipment and playing fields owned and operated by the City of Quinte West.