Quinte West residents have three options for leaf and yard waste disposal:
- Bag leaves for the City of Quinte West’s spring and fall leaf and yard waste curbside collection.
- Drop off leaf and yard waste to a year-round drop-off location.
- Mulch leaves with a lawnmower and let them remain on your property.
Leaf and yard waste collection schedule
Curbside leaf and yard waste collection happens in the spring and the fall.
Leaf and yard waste does not require a bag tag for collection but MUST be in compostable paper yard waste bags and be curbside by 7 a.m. on collection day. Brush and branches will not be collected curbside.
2022 Fall collection dates
- Trenton Ward – Monday, Nov. 7 and Monday, Nov. 21
- Frankford, Sidney and Murray Wards – Monday, Nov. 14
To find out which ward you live in, check our ward map.
Year-round yard waste drop-off
Year-round yard waste can be dropped off at the Frankford landfill site at 1850 Fish and Game Club Rd., Frankford. There is no fee, and your waste does not need to be bagged. Acceptable yard waste includes grass clippings, small branches, leaves and larger brush and branches that are not accepted by curbside collection.
Christmas tree drop-off is accepted. Please ensure they are completely free of decorations and ornaments. Artificial trees are not accepted.
Monday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturdays 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
During the winter season, the Frankford Landfill may be closed due to inclement weather and subsequent winter maintenance operations of City roadways and sidewalks. Please call Public Works at 613-392-2841 ext. 4912 or refer to this page to confirm operating hours during a weather event.