Driveways + curb cuts

Locate a water valve on your driveway before paving, or request a curb cut.

Locate a water valve on your driveway before paving, or request a curb cut by emailing us at or by calling 613-392-2841, ext. 4912 during business hours.

Paving your driveway

Some properties have water valves underneath the driveway. Before you pave or repave your driveway, we will locate your water valves for free. If your valve ever needs to be repaired, this ensures we can do so with minimal damage to your driveway. 

Curb cuts

As a resident, you are not allowed to alter curbs along with the road allowance and will be charged for doing so. Follow this process to request a curb cut: 

  1. Email or call 613-392-2841 ext. 4912, during business hours, to book an inspection.
  2. Our inspector will come to your property for review. You do not have to be at home. 
  3. If approved, the inspector will provide a permit and costs to the property owner. 
  4. Payment is accepted at the customer service counter, the second floor at city hall. We accept cash, debit or cheque (made payable to the City of Quinte West).
  5. The city arranges the curb cut. We work with the contractor to complete the work.

Last Updated: 2 years ago

What Are You Looking For?

You can use the smart search field below to find anything on the site from pages, events, documents and more. Simply start typing and the search will suggest possible results for you.