- Bylaws + enforcement
- Waste management
- Roads, sidewalks + construction
- Water + environment
- Building + renovating
- Building permits
- Fence + pool regulations
- Heritage alterations
- Letters of compliance
- Site alteration permits
- Development charges + guidelines
- Community services
- Parks, trails + facilities
- Splash pads, beaches + pools
- Community + rec centres
- Arenas + outdoor rinks
- Sports fields + courts
- News + notices
- Tourism + events
- Feedback + engagement
- Employment + volunteering
- Planning + development
- Economic Development
- Property taxes + finance
- Council + city administration
- This event has passed.
Wind & Water Writing Contest
The Prince Edward County Arts Council (County Arts) is pleased to announce the return of the 4th annual Wind & Water Writing Contest! This year’s theme is Transformation. We are asking entrants from the Quinte and Prince Edward County regions to interpret the theme in unique, exciting and creative ways for a host of prizes, recognition and celebration. The submission deadline is March 31st, 2022. You can find all of the details and a list of past winners – including seasoned and emerging writers – here: https://countyarts.ca/wind-water-writing-contest/.
- Pieces can be any genre, but poetry will be a separate prize, and fiction and non fiction as a joint prize.
- Pieces should be no longer than 1600 words.
- Writers may enter as often as they like.
- The piece submitted cannot be previously published.
- Only emailed entries will be considered.
- The written piece cannot be under consideration for a prize elsewhere until the winners are announced.
- Ensure your name does not appear on your submission anywhere except on the cover letter, as submissions are judged blind.
- You must reside in the Quinte region or Prince Edward County. (If you are uncertain of whether or not your location fits within the guidelines, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Entries must be accompanied by a $15 entry fee and $10 for additional entries.
- Prince Edward County Arts Council and Quinte Arts Council members pay only $10 and $5 for each additional submission.
- The contest judges reserve the right to dismiss any submissions that do not meet the guidelines above.
- Our work is guided by our Inclusivity, Diversity & Equity policy. Submissions containing content that contravenes this policy will not be read or considered, and entry fees will not be refunded.
- Only writers who are longlisted will be notified by email. The longlist will be announced on social media and our websites in mid-May, 2020, with the shortlist announced shortly after. Winners to follow by end May.
What Are You Looking For?
You can use the smart search field below to find anything on the site from pages, events, documents and more. Simply start typing and the search will suggest possible results for you.