We are located in Eastern Ontario on the Bay of Quinte’s shores, 1.5 hours east of Toronto and 2.5 hours west of Ottawa along Highway 401.
To learn more about our community, visit the community profile produced annually by the City’s economic development and tourism division.
Major employers in the City of Quinte West:
- Electro Cables Inc.
- McKesson Canada
- Nestle Canada Inc. Food Service
- Research Castings International
- Trenton Cold Storage Group
- Anamet Canada Inc.
- GlobalMed Inc.
- Deca Cables Inc.
- Kruger Products
Largest industry groups (based on the 2016 census)
- Public administration – 3,590
- Wholesale + retail trade – 3,070
- Manufacturing – 2,790
- Health care – 2,365
- Accommodation – 1,415
The numbers provided below are from Statistics Canada and represent the workforce in the City of Quinte West.
- As of 2016, the population of the City of Quinte West is 43,577.
- The market (500-mile radius) is 50 million people.
- Incorporated as the City of Quinte West in 1998.
- Regional Land Area of 493.85 square kilometres.
- As of 2016, the population density is 88.20 per square kilometre.
- The labour force is 100,000 (within a 45-minute commute).