The full meeting can be viewed here: https://quintewest.site/LiveCouncil.
Presentations and Delegations
- 8:56 – Quinte Health Care CEO, Stacey Daub gave Council an update on current operations and discussed its new strategic plan engagement process.
- 27:12 – Suzanne Andrews, CEO of the Quinte West Chamber of Commerce asked Council to consider renaming Front/Water/Trenton Streets to RiverFront Parkway.
- 31:02– York Lethbridge, Executive Director of the Quinte Museum of Natural History provided a program update and asked Council for their support
- 55:56 – BioForest presented the findings of the 2021 gypsy moth population surveys and forecast significant deforestation in many areas of Quinte West in 2022.
- 1:16:22 – Heather Bonsell of the Frankford Lions Club asked Council to reinstate their 2021 charitable road toll.
- 1:22:23 – Mayor Harrison and Council recognized Campbell Monument for their outstanding community service.
Committee Reports, Staff Reports and Approval of Accounts
- 1:28:15 – Council approved a payment of $50,000 to the Quinte Museum of Natural from funds reserved for this project
- 1:33:42 – Council approved the proposed warming and cooling centre policy.
- 1:35:55 – Council asked staff to begin preparing council chambers for a return to in-person meetings in 2022 and to bring back a report on safety protocols to protect staff council and the public.
- 2:10:18 – Council directed staff to develop a detailed implementation and financial plan for a new hybrid parking model.
- 2:29:55 – Council proclaimed Nov. 25 as International Day for the Elimination of violence against women.