There are 10 new reasons to get excited for summer with the return of the Quinte West Pop-ups. This initiative, now in its second year, will feature vendors and food trucks along the waterfront path in Centennial Park from June until September. The following businesses will be popping up in Centennial Park this summer:
- Herbert’s Fries offers classic favourites, such as loaded poutines, burgers, and smoked-meat sandwiches.
- The Pop Stand offers handmade popsicles made with fresh, seasonal ingredients.
- Barbi’s Gourmet Hot Dog Cart offers a selection of specialty hot dogs.
- The Forge Wood Fired Pizza offers fresh wood-fired pizza.
- Wannamaker’s Bakeshop offers sweet treats such as cupcakes, edible cookie dough and doughnut ice cream sandwiches.
- The County Emporium offers a selection of local, curated goods such as Cressy mustard and Sprucewood handmade shortbread cookies.
- Banana Splitz offers up to 33 flavours of ice cream, bubble tea, milkshakes and more.
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt offers different flavours of frozen yogurt and toppings.
- The Soap Salon offers handmade soaps in different scents, colours and designs.
- PLUS rotating mini pop-ups! Throughout the summer different businesses will rotate through one of the pop-up sheds.
“We’re thrilled about the return of the pop-ups to Centennial Park for a second year,” said Karen Parker, special events coordinator with the City of Quinte West. “The variety of vendors, food truck fare and activities will offer something for everyone to enjoy.
“We look forward to welcoming new and returning vendors, residents and visitors to Centennial Park to enjoy the pop-ups this summer,” says Quinte West Mayor Jim Harrison. “The Quinte West Pop-ups initiative is a great opportunity to enjoy the outdoors while supporting local businesses.”
From June 23 to Sept. 4, the Quinte West Pop-ups will be open weekly Tuesday to Sunday from 11 a.m. until 7 p.m. The Pop-ups will also be open on Monday, Aug. 1, 2022.
For more information about the Quinte West Pop-ups, visit quintewest.ca/popups, and follow @qwpopups on Instagram and on Facebook at facebook.com/qwpopups.